Conference Day One – Tuesday 19 June 2018
8:00 am - 9:00 am Morning Refreshment and Registration
9:00 am - 9:10 am Opening Remarks from the Chairperson
9:10 am - 9:50 am Keynote: Robotic Process Automation in 2018 – Why do You have to Take Action Now?
It has become clear that the question of “Is RPA just hype?” has been laid to rest. Instead, the question is “How far can this tool take our organization?” This session will discuss vital questions in the urgency of building RPA for your organization.
• Understanding RPA ever-evolving capabilities and the potential value to the business
• What is the true people cost, the upfront and maintenance costs involved with RPA implementation
• Future-proofing your business with RPA & AI to build market leadership
9:50 am - 10:30 am Panel: Why 80% of the C-Suite are Demanding RPA as a Critical Part of the Operations Strategy
• How do RPA create real competitive advantage and shareholder value?
• How do RPA fit into your business architecture?
• How would RPA help transform back office services to value-orientated?
• What are some special challenges in implementing RPA in North Asia, including Greater China, South Korea and Japan?
10:30 am - 10:50 am Speed Networking
10:50 am - 11:20 am Morning Networking & Refreshment Break
11:20 am - 12:00 pm The Future of Jobs: Working Side-By-Side with RobotsProfessor Eric Tsui, Professor,The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
12:00 pm - 12:40 pm Panel Discussion: The Dark Side of Robotics: Avoiding the Common and Less Common MistakesAlison Sim, Associate Director Finance & Technology,Crown World Holdings Limited
12:40 pm - 1:40 pm Networking Lunch
1:40 pm - 2:10 pm Case study: Getting RPA to Work Seamlessly across the Non-English Environment
Countries in North Asia have their unique language and characters. Majority of ERP systems and staff speak a different language other than English. How to localize RPA technology to your own country without sacrifice in functionality? How to train your local staff to work with RPA?
2:10 pm - 2:50 pm Case study: How DBS, the Best Digital Bank in the World, is Leading the Change Using Data, RPA, Design Thinking, Culture of ExperimentationSubir Chandra, SVP, Head of Experience Design and Digital Transformation, CRO Office, Risk management Group,DBS Bank
Almost all industries are seeing strong headwinds and a lot of them are on the cusp of major disruption. This is a moment which will make and break economies, industries and leave a major impact in people’s lives, some positive and some not so positive. In this case study, the presenter would take you through the DBS journey to find out how DBS is transforming itself in HR, Credit and others. This is a moment where one can’t be a bystander but have to be an observer, discover the real problem to solve and then implement it quickly and firmly.
Subir ChandraSVP, Head of Experience Design and Digital Transformation, CRO Office, Risk management Group
2:50 pm - 3:30 pm Afternoon Networking & Refreshment Break
3:30 pm - 4:10 pm Case study: Thinking Beyond Traditional F&A Functions - How RPA Helps Advertising Transform Transactional Workflow and Drive Value CreationRichard Lord, Founder & Senior Partner, Pangolin Capital/Former Global Head - Enterprise Applications,Publicis Groupe
At Publicis Groupe, one of the world's three largest communication groups, Richard and his team supported more than 1200 agencies, spread across over 100+ countries. In this session, Richard will walk you through his journey of developing world-class technology strategy on RPA to empower agencies through consultation, engagement, enablement and support.
· What are the unique challenges in advertising industry and how could RPA help tackle them?
· Selecting the most suitable vendors to develop application services addressing the specific process requirements
· Integrating RPA as part of the holistic global innovation program to ensure continuous improvement
· Beyond RPA - building foundations for machine learning and AI
Richard LordFounder & Senior Partner, Pangolin Capital/Former Global Head - Enterprise Applications
4:10 pm - 4:50 pm Case study: RPA through the Lenses of Process Re-engineering, OpEx and Lean
• Identifying opportunities for automation that will deliver drastic time savings
• Leveraging Lean and OpEx with intelligent process automation every day
• Managing the business process architecture and technology architecture to simplify problems for automation