Technology & Innovation Champion
Formerly Barclays, IBM, Kotak Mahindra Bank
9:00 AM Workshop A: Launching RPA Pilot Projects – from Proof of Concept (POC) to Process Redesign & Vendor Selection
Early adopters who look for quick, viable results in cost savings and efficiency often dive straight into RPA with a complete process transformation. However not all processes are suitable for robotic process automation. Without understanding yourorganisation’s processes clearly and choosing the right process to automate, successfulbusiness transformation will never be achieved with the narrow objective of automationalone. Vendor selection is the next most important step in implementing RPA. RPA consulting firms and technology providers all claim they are the best in the market. However what are really their differences? This step-by-step interactive workshop weighs up the benefits and risks, covers a tick list of what you should be assessing to ensure the success of your RPA pilot projects.
· Understanding the basics of RPA, its potential approaches and benefits
· Planning a successful RPA pilot initiative: Outlining the proof of concept, testing the solution and analysing results
· Re-evaluate operating model and overall technology architecture
· Assessing your processes based on complexity, applications involved, technology and geographical location of process owners
· Identifying the process and deciding between end-to-end integrationor partial integration with RPA
· Defining the vendor selection criteria and understanding the key differences of the common RPA solutions providers offerings
· Weighing the pros and cons of outsourcing RPA vs. developing in-house RPA capabilities
· Post RPA implementation: Monitoring and tracking the performance of your processesand vendors
1:00 PM Workshop B: Building a Center of Excellence (CoE) for RPA to Help Scale up Enterprise Level Automation
As RPA grows, it can begin to take on characteristics of more traditional system implementation projects and force an enterprise to make more complex decisions related to deploying technology, managing organizational change and staffing, and meeting technical and performance standards. Especially in large organizations that want to rapidly deploy automation to achieve certain business goals, a growing appetite for RPA brings with it its own set of challenges. To embed RPA broadly across business units, you need to implement a well-planned RPA Center of Excellence.
• Setting up an RPA team with well-defined roles and responsibilities, for example, an RPA sponsor, change manager, solution architects, developers, infrastructure and service support to take on key roles in the RPA CoE.
• Establishing an RPA CoE Council to provide overall governance and direction
• Establishing an effective governance model to facilitate cross-departmental collaboration.
• Managing organizational change to lay the groundwork for the successful transfer of work from humans to robots